The other reality beckons.
It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but PlayStation VR has officially passed the five years since it was first introduced to the gaming world. As a distinctly new way of enjoying games, virtual reality has certainly come a long way since the early stages. Now boasting more than 500 games and experiences, PSVR is a big part of that success.
As a thank you to all the fans that have made that possible, PlayStation Plus members will be receiving three free PSVR games in November. As long as you are a subscriber, you will be able to benefit. What those games are, however, remain a mystery.
In the celebratory blog post, Sony also revealed some interesting stats when it comes to the actual games:
Most-Played PlayStation VR Games Globally
- Rec Room
- Beat Saber
- PlayStation VR Worlds
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
- Resident Evil 7 biohazard
Most-Played Games, By Region
- Europe: Rec Room, PlayStation VR Worlds, Beat Saber, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim VR, Resident Evil 7 biohazard
- North America: Rec Room, Beat Saber, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR, Job Simulator, Firewall: Zero Hour
- Japan: Resident Evil 7 biohazard, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR, PlayStation VR Worlds, Beat Saber, Gran Turismo Sport
More PlayStation VR games are on the way, such as Moss: Book 2, Wanderer, After the Fall, and more, with the ecosystem getting along just fine at the moment. A refresh of the hardware is in the pipeline as well, with improvements being made to the controllers. The headset will likely get an upgrade too.
If you are wondering about the developers’ side of the story, they have plenty to share: